About Nevada Department of Education
The vision of the Nevada Department of Education is Success through Learning.
The Nevada Department of Education's mission is to elevate student performance by ensuring opportunity, facilitating learning, and promoting excellence.
The mission will be accomplished by focusing work on a set of key policy levers:
>Standards, data systems and accountability measures
>Managerial excellence and resource allocation
State Educational Goals: 2020
1. Elevate student achievement results for all students
2. Improve the graduation rate including expanding the advanced diploma rate
3. Ensure college and career readiness when students graduate from high school
4. Ensure Nevada’s students are educated by effective teachers and administrators
5. Support and expand innovative programs to improve learning
6. Increase productivity and return on investment
The Nevada Department of Education, in cooperation with the Charter School Authority, will pursue its mission and achieve its goals with four major strategies:
1. Implement Standards and Assessments
2. Classify, Reward, and Support School, District and State Performance.
3. Facilitate High Impact Instruction and Leadership
4. Achieve Management Integrity within the Education Department