"All Nevadans ready for success in the 21st Century."
To improve student achievement and educator effectiveness by ensuring
opportunities, facilitating learning, and promoting excellence.
State Educational Goals: 2020
1. Elevate student achievement results for all students
2. Improve the graduation rate including expanding the advanced diploma rate
3. Ensure college and career readiness when students graduate from high school
4. Ensure Nevada's students are educated by effective teachers and administrators
5. Support and expand innovative programs to improve learning
6. Increase productivity and return on investment
Implement standards, programs, and assessments that prepare all students for college and careers.
Facilitate high-impact instruction and
leadership through measurement and support of educator effectiveness and
Evaluate and publicize school, district, and state performance and assign rewards, technical assistance, and interventions.
Continually improve Departmental leadership and collaboration with all stakeholders.