"All Nevadans ready for success in a global 21st Century."
To improve student achievement and educator effectiveness by ensuring
opportunities, facilitating learning, and promoting excellence.
State Educational Goals: 2020
- Goal 1 - All students are proficient in reading by the end of 3rd grade.
- Goal 2 - All students enter high school with the skills necessary to succeed.
- Goal 3 - All students graduate college and career ready.
- Goal 4 - All students served by effective educators.
- Goal 5 - Efficient and effective use of public funds to achieve the highest return on educational investment.
- Goal 6 - All students learn in an environment that is physically, emotionally, and intellectually safe.
Implement standards, programs, and assessments that prepare all students for college and careers.
Facilitate high-impact instruction and
leadership through measurement and support of educator effectiveness and
Evaluate and publicize school, district, and state performance and assign rewards, technical assistance, and interventions.
Continually improve Departmental leadership and collaboration with all stakeholders.