Committee to Oversee the Charter School Audit List (COSAL)
The RFQ has be temporarily removed, if you need a copy please email Suzanne Richards. (link above)
1. The governing body of a charter school or university school for profoundly gifted pupils shall cause the charter school or university school for profoundly gifted pupils to be audited on an annual basis.
2. All audits must be performed:
(a) By a certified public accountant or accounting firm selected by the governing body of the charter school from a list developed by a committee consisting of two members appointed by the Superintendent of Public Instruction, two members appointed by the State Public Charter School Authority and two members appointed by the Director of the Office of Finance; and
(b) In accordance with the Government Auditing Standards, 2011 Revision, issued by the Comptroller General of the United States. The Department hereby adopts the Government Auditing Standards by reference. A copy of the standards may be obtained free of charge from the United States Government Accountability Office at the Internet address
Calendar of Events
- May 18, 2018 Issue final RFQ
- May 29, 2018 Final submission for RFQ questions
- May 31, 2018 Committee Meeting and Answer RFQ questions
- June 4, 2018 Committee Meeting and Answers to RFQ Questions
- June 8, 2018 Responses to RFQ due
- June 13, 2018 Committee Meeting / Review RFQ responses and create list of eligible charter school auditors
- June 19, 2018 Committee Meeting (As needed) Review RFQ responses and create list of eligible charter school auditors
- Notification to Auditors no later than July 1, 2018.