Dr. Steve Canavero, Nevada Superintendent of Public Instruction, seeks applicants for the inaugural Superintendent's Teacher Advisory Cabinet (STAC).
This new opportunity will convene practitioners from across Nevada to provide valuable feedback to the Nevada Department of Education’s initiatives and goals.
The inaugural STAC will consist of up to 20 practicing educators from across the state representing the diverse school systems of Nevada.
STAC Member Responsibilities:
- Open to providing input on topics that include, but are not limited to:
- raising achievement of all students,
- supporting low-performing schools,
- increasing/diversifying/retaining the number of individuals joining the teaching profession in Nevada
- Able to advise the State Superintendent on state education goals
- Invested in NDE’s mission to improve student achievement and educator effectiveness by ensuring opportunities, facilitating learning, and promoting excellence
- Available for travel when necessary; can meet virtually when needed (When attending STAC Meetings, members will be reimbursed for all approved travel expenses. Substitute costs will be paid when meetings are held on a contracted day.)
- Are able to serve a two-year term
- Thursday, September 20, 2018 - Wednesday, October 10, 2018: Application available
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 5:00pm: Applications due
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018 & Thursday, November 15, 2018: Required Onboarding of Cabinet, First STAC Meeting (tentatively in Las Vegas), Introduction of STAC at State Board of Education Meeting
Interested in being a Superintendent’s Advisory Cabinet Member? Apply below by October 10, 2018: