Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) Program Providers
Current list of Approved ARL Providers
Approved ARL Providers
(districts, colleges/universities, private providers)
Per NAC 391.461 any provider which wishes to offer a program for an alternative route for the licensure of teachers and/or administrators must apply to the Commission on Professional Standards on a form prescribed by the Department of Education for approval to become a qualified provider.
Alternative Route to Licensure Provider Applications
For Initial ARL Provider Applications:
- Fill out the ARL Provider Application in full with all supporting documentation.
- Submit electronically via 5 individual flash drives to the Commission on Professional Standards in Education (COPS).
Commission on Professional Standards in Education
Attn: Secretary to the Commission
9890 S. Maryland Pkwy., Ste. 221
Las Vegas, NV 89183
- Once submission has been received, notice will be sent out.
- The ARL Review Team will evaluate the submission and contact the provider if they have questions.
- When the Review Team is done with the evaluation of the program, it will be agendized on the COPS agenda and notice will be sent to the provider.
For ARL Provider Renewal Applications:
- Fill out the ARL Renewal Application in full.
- Submit electronically to COPS@doe.nv.gov
- Application for Renewal will be heard at a future COPS meeting and notice will be sent out.
For ARL Provider Modification Applications:
- Fill out the ARL Provider Modification Form in full.
- If the modifications are non-substantive, which includes:
- Course title changes, Praxis test changes or Course substitutions only, then follow the same process for ARL Renewal Applications above.
- If the modifications are substantive:
- The provider must follow the same process as an initial ARL Providers Application above.