The Office of Educator Licensure
We are currently processing applications received week of
December 21, 2015
Only applications having a cleared background by the
Nevada Department of Public Safety and FBI
will be processed.
Take our Online Survey!
Your feedback will help us improve the licensure process. Take our short online survey and tell us how we’re doing!
The Office of Educator Licensure serves all seventeen Nevada counties throughout the state, with locations in both Carson City and Las Vegas. Our mission is to provide top-quality customer service and to effectively & efficiently evaluate educator license applications in an expeditious manner, while ensuring that only those fully-qualified are licensed.
Finding Your Way Around
We have recently updated our website, and quite a few things have changed. The following synopsis will give you an idea what information is available on each page.
- General Licensure Information -This page contains general information and requirements pertaining to all applicants for any license or endorsement.
- Specific Areas of Licensure - This page lists the different areas of licensure and endorsement that are available, and has links to specific qualifications for each license or endorsement.
- The Background Process - This page contains information about how to submit fingerprints and typical time frames for background checks.
- Applications/Forms – All forms utilized by the Office of Educator Licensure are available in printable PDF format on this page.
- Critical Updates – This page contains brief synopses of recent law and regulation changes that may affect the licensure process.
- Educator License Lookup – Use this page to check the status of a Nevada educator license.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Find answers to some of the most common questions regarding the licensure process.
- Reciprocity (Moving to Nevada) – The Office of Educator licensure encourages educators who are currently licensed in another state to apply for a reciprocal license in Nevada. Visit this page to find out if your current state’s license may qualify for reciprocity.
- Renew/Change a Current License – This page contains guidelines for renewing a Nevada educator license, as well as information on how to make changes to your existing license.
- Testing Requirements – Visit this page for an overview of Nevada’s requirements for competency testing and state-mandated testing.
- Alternative Routes to Licensure (ARL) - This page contains information on Alternative Routes to Licensure programs and a list of approved ARL providers.