Application Timelines and Provisional removals
During the COVID-19 outbreak, the Department is processing applications as quickly as possible. Please understand that our Licensure team is working remotely and a slight delay in processing documents received via US Mail / UPS / FedEx may occur. Our staff are communicating continually with individual licensees to address any such delays.
Please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved email recipients, to avoid our communication going to spam / junk.
Important Licensure Information:
- Educator Licensure Inquiry Form
- In order to minimize the impact of the COVID-19 precautions currently in place, all educator licenses and provisions expiring between March 1, 2020 and September 29, 2020 have been extended through September 30, 2020. Any licenses affected by this extension have been automatically updated. You may view your updated expiration date and download or print a copy of your license via your OPAL portal or on the public license lookup page.
- Several authorized Livescan fingerprinting vendors have temporarily closed in response to the COVID-19 virus, while others have modified their business hours. Click here for a list of vendors who are currently still open for business during the state of emergency.
- As of April 1, 2019, the office of Educator Licensure in Carson City moved locations to: 700 E. Fifth Street, Carson City, NV 89701
- As of May 27, 2019, the Office of Educator Licensure in Las Vegas moved locations to: 2080 E. Flamingo Rd, Suite 210, Las Vegas, NV 89119
New Regulatory changes and effective dates
Due to Nevada Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requirements, all Nevada educators must use our new Self-Reported Experience area on their OPAL Dashboards. Here is a tutorial on how to add your experience:
Carson City Office 775.687.9115
Las Vegas Office 702.486.6458
Please use the form located at the link below: Contact Educator Licensure or the Contact tab above.