Official Transcripts for Use as PDE Renewal Credits

The Nevada Department of Education requires all educators who are renewing their licenses to provide our office proof of six (6) renewal credits. Renewal credits may be submitted through official transcripts to our office for every U.S. Department of Education accredited college/university attended during the period of validity of the license being renewed. Credit for credit will be given as long as the coursework taken has directly related to the fields of licensure and/or endorsements.

The relevant sections in Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) specifying the transcript requirements are below:

Official Transcripts

To be considered “official transcripts” they must be issued by an accredited college or university and bear the college or university seal:

  • Transcripts do not need to be in a sealed envelope.
  • If the transcripts you have are under previous or different name(s), please also submit to the NDE a copy of your marriage certificate(s), divorce decree(s), or other relevant court documentation proving the legal name change(s). You may upload this PDF document at the same time and in the same place where you upload the PDF copy of your Driver's license on your OPAL application, or you may send a PDF copy to our main email address:
    • Failure to do this may result in delays of your application up to and including reapplication for licensure and repayment of the associated fees. 
  • Electronic transcripts will be accepted only if they are transmitted directly to the Department of Education from an accredited college, university, or a recognized clearinghouse such as e-Script. All electronic transcripts should be emailed to:
    • Do NOT attempt to upload transcripts yourself. We will reject them.
  • A list of accredited institutions in the United States is available on the U.S. Department of Education's website: 

  • To send official paper transcripts to our office please send to this address:
    • Nevada Department of Education
      Office of Educator Licensure
      2080 E. Flamingo Road, Suite 210,
      Las Vegas, NV 89119

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: How are credits established?
    A: We issue credit for credit for coursework taken and passed as long as it relates to the licenses and/or endorsements you hold on said license.

    Q: Why can I not upload my transcripts myself through OPAL?
    A: In order to follow Regulations and maintain the integrity of the documents, we must make sure that transcripts are official; they must be uploaded by our office staff. This means that we must have either original paper copies or have had the college/university/clearing house send the transcripts directly to our office via e-Script.