Special Qualifications License

These licenses allow an educator to teach specific academic subjects in grades 7-12. Special Qualifications licensure is based upon a combination of college coursework and work experience in lieu of traditional educator preparation.

The relevant sections in Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) specifying the requirements to hold these license types are below:

Please note, certain Regulations governing Special Qualifications licenses and the testing requirements have recently been amended, see below for important information pertaining to these license types:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I apply for a reciprocal Special Qualifications license?
A: For information on Reciprocity, please visit our New Teachers (out of state) section of the website, these will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Q: Do I have to take the Parental Involvement and Family Engagement coursework?
A: Yes.

Q: How do I apply for a license?
A: Due to the extensive requirements of this license, applications must be made in person at one of our offices either in Carson City or Las Vegas.

Q: What testing do I have to take for these licenses and/or endorsements?
A: Tests must be taken prior to application for licensure. For testing information, please visit the Praxis ETS Website.