Nevada's GEAR UP program offers opportunities for students, parents, educators and schools. GEAR UP provides services to:
- Significantly increase the number of low-income students who are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.
- Significantly increase GEAR UP students' and families' knowledge of postsecondary education options, preparation and financing.
- Increase recruitment and enrollment of GEAR UP students in postsecondary education.
- Raise the expectations of GEAR UP middle school personnel so as to create a college-going culture that provides all students with the tools necessary to apply for and succeed in postsecondary education and future careers.
- Improve GEAR UP schools through coordination with school improvement plans and to increase a common understanding of P-16 articulation issues among Nevada middle and high schools.
Currently, eighteen Nevada middle schools are receiving GEAR UP services.
Nevada GEAR UP Information