Expand Teach Nevada Scholarships $6 Million


Overview

General Fund appropriation of $6 million over the biennium (an increase from $5 million) to expand the number of scholarships awarded to eligible students. The Teach Nevada Scholarship is one of many efforts to address the teacher shortage by increasing the quantity and quality of effective teachers, and ensuring equitable distribution of teachers across all schools. The purpose of the program is to provide grants to universities, colleges and providers of alternative route to licensure programs to award scholarship to students entering teaching programs. Programs may award scholarships up to $3,000/semester (not to exceed $24,000 aggregate). . Programs that receive funds shall disburse 75% of the scholarship at the beginning of each semester and place the remaining 25% in a trust account for distribution to the recipient after teaching in a Nevada public school for five consecutive years. 

    View documents on this page with these document viewers:
        Adobe Reader | MS Word | MS Excel | MS PowerPoint