Nevada Ready 21 Software Descriptions
Device Software & Applications
is a cloud-based, collaborative video editing service that helps people simply create and share videos. Students and teachers can work together on the same video project, make changes, provide feedback, and explain their visual thinking during the creation process.
- Autodesk Pixlr is a powerful, easy-to-use photo editing cloud-based app.
- Noteflight is an online music writing application that lets students create, view, print and hear music notation with professional quality.
- Google Apps for Education
allows teachers and students to create, share and edit files in real time. Google Apps for Education core services include Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Hangouts and Drive.
- Canvas LMS*
is designed specifically for K-12 teachers and students. Canvas is an easy-to-use, cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that connects all the digital tools and resources teachers use into one simple place. It integrates seamlessly with hundreds of apps, empowering teachers and students with countless tools to make teaching and learning easier and more fun.
- DiSTRiBU-Q is a cloud-based solution to circumvent the hurdles of managing 1-to- laptop program deployment, distribution, repair tracking, communication to all stakeholders.
- Google Classroom
is a new tool in Google Apps for Education that helps teachers create and organize assignments quickly, provide feedback efficiently, and easily communicate with their classes.
- Google Chrome Management Console
makes it easy for school IT administrators to deploy and manage users, devices and apps across a fleet of thousands of Chromebooks. Management licenses are included for each Chromebook.
- Netop Vision Classroom management software to assist teachers with keeping students on task.
- Securly Provides a safe and productive environment for student internet use.
Mapping and Geospatial Reasoning
- ArcGIS Online**
is a complete, cloud-based mapping platform. Discover how you can easily implement web based mapping to extend your existing classroom curricula in science or social studies.
- NcLab courses help students develop critical thinking, problem solving skills and perseverance by teaching computer programming and 3D modeling.
Science and Math
- PocketLab allows students to explore the world and build science experiments using integrated sensors.
- Lab Camera helps to promote scientific inquiry and make abstract concepts tangible for students to complement your STEM curriculum.
- Desmos Graphing Calculator
is an online graphing calculator for elementary through high school math.
- Intel Seeing Reason Tool
students create visual maps of the factors and relationships in a cause-and-effect investigation.
- Intel Showing Evidence Tool
helps students learn how to construct well-reasoned arguments and prove their case with credible evidence.
- Learning in Context: Population Statistics
is an engaging way to introduce students to statistics. This app for K-12 guides students through collecting data about two statistical populations, visualizing statistical distributions, and drawing comparative inferences.
- Learning in Context: Science Journal
makes the process of data collection, supposition and reflection both intuitive and convenient.
- Learning in Context: Reading Comprehension
is a flexible tool to increase student understanding. This app aids students in learning how to read text passages for comprehension.
Canvas LMS is ordered directly through Instructure
** ArcGIS Online is provided courtesy of Esri for K-12 schools in the United States. Esri offers ArcGIS Online at no cost for instructional use. Learn more at