March 11, 2019
CARSON CITY, Nev. – Anyone interested in learning how to improve access to, and the quality of, early childhood programs is invited to join staffers from the Nevada Department of Education (NDE) Office of Early Learning and Development at the Nevada Legislature today and tomorrow.
NDE staffers will be in Room 3100 at the Nevada Legislature; they will be participating in Children’s Week at the Nevada Legislature.
“This fun and informative event provides advocacy training for families, updates on legislation that impacts young children’s education, health, and safety, and arranges opportunities for families to meet their legislators,” said Patti Oya, Director of the NDE Office of Early Learning and Development.
NDE will be supporting priorities set by the Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children (NevAEYC) that include:
- The increase of child care and development fund contribution
- The use of current market rate to set the state subsidy reimbursement rate
- The support of Nevada’s Silver Stars Quality Rating & Improvement System (QRIS)
- The increase of wages and retention of the early childhood workforce
- Providing sustainable funding for preschool development seats