Senate Bill 178 (SB 178) is an act which established a weighted formula providing additional state funding to Guidance Document from 11.15.17 (“SB178 Guidance..")
Nevada public schools to support underperforming English Learners (ELs) and/or students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch (FRL) performing in the lowest quartile of student achievement and who are not currently enrolled in a Zoom or Victory school. This funding is to “…ensure each Nevada child a reasonably equal educational opportunity”
(NRS 387.121). For the 2017-18 school year, the legislature appropriated $1,200 for each eligible student to provide specific education interventions, as defined in SB 178 Sec 9.4 and 9.5.The purpose of SB 178 is to provide additional funding to Nevada school districts and charter schools to implement evidence-based intervention
programs and services proven to increase the academic achievement of eligible students. The Nevada Department of Education (NDE) provides this guidance document to assist local education agencies (LEAs) and eligible schools.
The 2017-2018 SB178 Annual Report is available upon request. Please email Dr. Susan Ulrey: email@example.com
School Performance Plan
Please contact Dr. Susan Ulrey or Blakely Hume if you would like a copy of a SB178 school performance plan.
For Grant Program Implementation:
- Dr. Susan Ulrey, Education Programs Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org,702.668.4349
- Karl Wilson, Programs Supervisor, email@example.com, 702.668.4311
- Dr. Seng-Dao Keo, Office of Student and School Supports, firstname.lastname@example.org, 702.687.9145
For Funding Distribution:
- Deputy Superintendent Heidi Haartz, email@example.com
For Assessment and Data:
- Peter Zutz, Office of Accountability, Data, and Assessment Management Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org