Engineering Design (K-2)
- K-2-ETS1-1 Ask questions, make observations, and gather
information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem
that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
- K-2-ETS1-2 Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical
model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to
solve a given problem.
- K-2-ETS1-3 Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same
problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how
Space Systems: Patterns and Cycles
- 1-ESS1-1 Use observations of the sun, moon, and stars
to describe patterns that can be predicted.
- 1-ESS1-2 Make observations at different times of year
to relate the amount of daylight to the time of year.
Structure, Function, and Information Processing
- 1-LS1-1 Use
materials to design a solution to a human problem by mimicking how plants
and/or animals use their external
parts to help them survive, grow, and meet their needs.
- 1-LS1-2 Read texts and use media to
determine patterns in behavior of parents and offspring that help offspring
- 1-LS3-1 Make
observations to construct an evidence-based account that young plants and
animals are like, but not exactly like, their parents.
Waves: Light and Sound
- 1-PS4-1 Plan and conduct
investigations to provide evidence that vibrating materials can make sound and
that sound can make
- 1-PS4-2 Make observations to construct an evidence-based account
that objects can be seen only when illuminated.
- 1-PS4-3 Plan and
conduct an investigation to determine the effect of placing objects made with
different materials in the path of a beam of light.
- 1-PS4-4 Use tools and materials to design and build a
device that uses light or sound to solve the problem of communicating over a