The 80th Session of the Nevada legislature passed Assembly Bill (AB) 276 creating the Nevada State Teacher Recruitment and Retention Advisory Task Force. The Task Force will meet a minimum of four times per year for the purpose of addressing the challenges with attracting and retaining teachers throughout this State.
On or before February 1, 2020, the Legislative Committee on Education (LCE) shall select one or more teachers, as applicable, to serve as a member of the Task Force.
Please download and save to your computer, then complete the posted application by December 5, 2019 for consideration.
The Task Force shall:
- Evaluate the challenges in attracting and retaining teachers throughout this state;
- Make recommendations to the Legislative Committee on Education to address the challenges in attracting and retaining teachers throughout this state, including without limitation, providing incentives to attract and retain teachers; and
- On or before February 1 of each odd-numbered year, submit a report to the Director of the Legislative Council Bureau for transmission to the Legislature describing the findings and recommendations of the Task Force.
Eligible teachers must:
- Be a licensed teacher with at least 5 consecutive years of teaching experience in a public school in this state;
- Be currently employed as a teacher and actively teaching in a public school in this state, and remain employed as a teacher in a public school in this state for the duration of the member’s term; and
- Not be currently serving on any other education-related board, commission, task force, or similar governmental entity.
Application Opens: November 1, 2019
Application Closes 5:00 pm: December 5, 2019
Member Selection by the LCE: On or before February 1, 2020
Notifications: After February 1, 2020
Please submit your completed application electronically to:
Fax: (702) 668-4321
All applications must be received by 5:00 pm December 5, 2019 to be considered.