Information and resources about the Common Core State Standards for local school board members, business leaders, elected officials, and other community partners:
- The Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce supports Nevada Ready! and higher standards for Nevada students. Read the Chamber's Business Voicecover story on Common Core Standards and why they are important for students to become workforce ready. The magazine also contains an article written by Elaine Wynn, President of the Nevada State Board of Education.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation launched the video, It's Time for the Common Core State Standards, to clarify the case for Common Core State Standards from a business perspective. Viewers hear from business leaders, educators, and politicians as they make succinct and compelling arguments for the benefits of implementing the Common Core. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce website has additional useful information on the importance of the Common Core State Standards for our economic competitiveness.
- David Brooks shares his perspective in this New York Times opinion piece, When the Circus Descends, about the value of the Common Core State Standards.
- The Foundation for Excellence in Education created Conservatives for Higher Standards to highlight the conservative arguments in favor of the Common Core and demonstrate the strong support for the Common Core among Republican leaders, such as Govs. Jindal, Christy and former Govs. Bush and Huckabee.
- The Hunt Institute's Box.com file-sharing site offers a variety of tools, resources, and information to help with communicating about the Common Core. The "In Their Words" document and various op-eds feature supportive quotes and arguments put forward by various business leaders, including Craig Barrett, the former CEO of Intel.
- Would you like to know what is happening nationally with the implementation of Common Core State Standards (CCSS)? The Business Roundtable and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce launched this website, TheCommonCore.com, to provide that information and show their support of CCSS.