Loans/Grants FAQ

The Nevada Department of Education has contacted me and informed me that I owe money from a student loan. How can I take care of this?

The Nevada Department of Education would not have contacted you because it does not issue student loans; this Department is only responsible for public grades K-12. If your loan was through the U.S. Department of Education, their phone number is 1-800-872-5327.

Does the Nevada Department of Education offer loans or grants?

The Nevada Department of Education does not offer loans or grants. The United States Department of Education provides a "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA). There may be other funding for higher education available by researching the internet or by consulting with a school counselor.

The Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship is available to Nevada high school graduates who qualify.

How can I get information about the education savings account, Senate Bill 302 (School Choice)?

Information concerning the Education Savings Account program, S.B. 302, is administered by the Nevada State Treasurer's Office.

Can my material or product be made available as an educational resource at your website?

Our website resource page is purposely limited. Our school districts might choose to include your resource information on their websites. 

How can I apply for a job at one your schools? 

The Nevada Department of Education does not have any authority over our school districts' hiring, or their volunteer processes.